Tuesday 25 April 2017

TAG TUESDAY #1

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

This blog post is the first in a series that I have named, Tag Tuesday. Tags are a very recent addition to my crafting experience. With a combination of inspiration from an amazing crafter, Bobby Fort, and a wonderful opportunity, I have taken up being a guest on a Swap Design Team for Aussie Crafters. I have had the concept of Altered Tags thrust upon me. So why not make this into a regular Tuesday series, at least for awhile. I hope you have fun checking out my work, that is outside my norm and my comfort zone, but still so much fun.

Here is the first tag I have to share with you. This one is a grungy Dragonfly Dreams tag.




I used one of the thinlits from the Eastern Medallions set to cut out shapes in the Very Vanilla cardstock to allow some of the colour to poke through.





PRODUCTS:
Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set (142924)
Eastern Medallions Thinlits (143725) Available from June 1
Rose Red Inkpad (126954)
Crumb Cake Ink Pad (126975)
Rose Red Cardstock (108613)
Very Vanilla Cardstock (106550)
Burlap Ribbon (141487)
Baker's Twine White (124262)

DETAILS:
Rose Red Cardstock 13.5cm x 7cm (cut into a tag shape)
Very Vanilla Cardstock 13cm x 6.5cm (cut into a tag shape)
Strip of Rose Red Cardstock 1.9cm x 8.5cm for banner
Strip of Very Vanilla Cardstock 1.5cm x 8.5cm for banner to stamp on
White Bakers Twine was coloured with Rose Red reinker and allowed to dry
All pieces of Very Vanilla were sponged in both Rose Red and Crumb Cake to add some grunge to the tag

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you stop by again soon,
Rosalie

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful tag Rosalie, can't wait for the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha. Loving the new dies which will be available soon, they work with everything!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the concept Rosalie and your tag. This suite is gorgeous and so very versatile, I love how you have used the cut outs for your back ground...May I use this idea for a card?? I was playing with this idea a little earlier today, then I saw your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike Kim. Absolutely go ahead, I can't wait to see what you make.

      Delete